Trumpet/C G Conn Cornet

Question
Hello I recently have found a C G Conn Wonderphone Cornet from 1909 in my parents attic. I was wondering what the value on an item like this may be.If you could answer this that would be great. Thanks

Answer
Value is an elusive question that is difficult to answer. There are Conn collectors who would likely want to buy your horn, but it would need to be a complete package.

Let's address one thing immediately: it is probably worth hundreds. It is almost certain it is not worth thousands.

That said....

Condition is Number One. Most of these were silver plated. Is the plate complete and not worn off? Are there no dents?

Does it come with all of the appropriate accessories? If it's not in the original case, that's a hit. If it IS in the original case, is there anything noticeably missing?

Is it high pitch or low pitch? If it's high pitch, it's mostly just a decoration. If it's low pitch, a person can play it.

Without any more information... it might be worth some few hundreds. The more beat up it looks, the less it's worth.

Since you have a Conn, this web site might be helpful:

http://cderksen.home.xs4all.nl/index.html

Make sure to check completed ebay listings as well.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger