Trumpet/fa reynolds trumpet sn 12746 circa 1945

Question
Hello, I am wondering if you can help with an estimated value of a trumpet that was left to us.  We have original receipt dated 9/11/1947, original cost was $182.50 and this included case which we still have.  All seems in very good condition. purchased in Portland Maine, eastern musical supply company.
Hope you can shed some light on this instrument.
Thank you!

Answer
The Reynolds trumpet is a good quality horn but is one of those vintage brands that isn't well known and therefore not particularly sought after. Its value as a player is higher than its value as a collectible.

WIthout seeing its condition, it's nearly impossible to tell you any more than it could sell on ebay for $100 or more, and if it's in near-mint condition, might fetch up to $500. Your auction would need to include many good pictures and attract attention from just the right person.

So, in short, great horn, won't get rich selling it.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger