Trumpet/bach trumpet value

Question
I have a Bach Stradivarius Trumpet that I would like to  get info on. As far as I can determine it is was made in New York and it is a 4786 M with a L mouthpiece. I think it was made in the 1940's. Can you help?

Answer
That serial number is about 1940. The M is for medium bore. As for the the L on the mouthpiece, I'd have to know more.

Conn-Selmer retained Vincent Bach's "shop cards", which describe the characteristics of the horn. If you contact them, they might be able to tell you more. There is also a lot of Bach expertize on the Trumpet Herald forum, so posting many clear pictures there will also get you a lot of good information.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger