Trumpet/bach trumpet value

I have a Bach Stradivarius Trumpet that I would like to  get info on. As far as I can determine it is was made in New York and it is a 4786 M with a L mouthpiece. I think it was made in the 1940's. Can you help?

That serial number is about 1940. The M is for medium bore. As for the the L on the mouthpiece, I'd have to know more.

Conn-Selmer retained Vincent Bach's "shop cards", which describe the characteristics of the horn. If you contact them, they might be able to tell you more. There is also a lot of Bach expertize on the Trumpet Herald forum, so posting many clear pictures there will also get you a lot of good information.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.