Trumpet/Benge Trumpet

Question
Trumpet
Trumpet  
I have an older Benge trumpet that I believe my grandfather bought new in the late 40's or early 50's. serial number is 1636,
and it has the Chicago inscription on the bell. Could you verify the age, if possible. It has a fair amount of tarnish, but the inscription is easy to read, and it's in good shape otherwise. What sort of range value would something like this have?

Thank you very much!

Ken Fisher

630=621-7299

Answer
That serial number might mean manufacture some time in WWII, according to some lists.

What is it worth? A Chicago Benge is rare and desired and you seem to have the full kit. Depending on what model it is, the condition, and so forth... probably $800 to $1500.

Well worth hanging on to, if you can keep it in the family.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger