Trumpet/Buescher (The "400") True Tone Trumpet

Additional info to question I sent a few minutes ago, on the middle (#2) valve under the Ser.#293172 are the letters LP and under those letters are the numbers 225. The horn is Silver.
Thanks,  Mike

The Model 225 is the more common, medium-large bore.

The fact that it is silver, however, is extraordinarily rare. Most of those were sold lacquered, either with gold lacquer, or clear lacquer. The satin silver with gold bell and accents is very rare and if the silver and gold is in good condition would add perhaps $50 to $100 to the value.

Note that I said satin silver with gold bell and accents; if there is any other sort of silver finish, then the silver plate was applied after the horn was sold and not by the factory.

In 1940, the Model 225 in satin silver with gold sold for $135, or approximately $2250 in today's dollars.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.