Trumpet/Holton Collegiate Trumpet

Question
I have a Holton Collegiate Trumpet serial# 167583. It is in very good condition. Only two very tiny dents, one across from the second valve on the horn bell tube and the second is also on the horn bell tube just before the first bend, neither affect the playability.It's either a nickel plated or silver plated brass instrument. The valves are in excellent condition, the clean outs all work (have never been reworked) and the pads are in really good shape. The bell is one piece.

Answer
Since you didn't ask an actual question... the Collegiate, in 1947 when this trumpet was made, was Holton's value line of instruments, but they are good quality nonetheless. Value is not high, a few hundred dollars, depending on condition. Your trumpet is likely silver-plated.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger