Trumpet/Holton Collegiate Trumpet

I have a Holton Collegiate Trumpet serial# 167583. It is in very good condition. Only two very tiny dents, one across from the second valve on the horn bell tube and the second is also on the horn bell tube just before the first bend, neither affect the playability.It's either a nickel plated or silver plated brass instrument. The valves are in excellent condition, the clean outs all work (have never been reworked) and the pads are in really good shape. The bell is one piece.

Since you didn't ask an actual question... the Collegiate, in 1947 when this trumpet was made, was Holton's value line of instruments, but they are good quality nonetheless. Value is not high, a few hundred dollars, depending on condition. Your trumpet is likely silver-plated.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.