Trumpet/Kings Coronet

valve casting
valve casting  

Hello!  I have a King Coronet that belongs to my grandfather. I am trying to find out how old it is and what it might be worth.  My grandfather used it when he was in high school which would have been in around 1944.  He said that when he got it back then it was old. On the middle valve it says "Kings made by H.N.White Co. Clevd,O. 212051 Medium Bore"  I have been searching the web and ebay trying to find others like it but this ones seems older than all the others I have seen.  It has a couple minor dents and is tarnished.  All three valves move freely, better than what I would have thought.  There are four tuning slides and they all move freely.  There is a mouth piece present which says" Hamilton 3".  I played a trumpet when I was in school but really do not know too much about them, so any help you can give me would be great.

Mindy, The cornet is a King Master Model and was made in 1938. The Master is one of the best playing cornet model of all time. Many pro players used them and they are still in demand today. I can't tell from your pictures but it seems to be in fairly good shape. Without seeing it I can't give you an exact number but a good range would be $125-300 depending if it is silver or brass and the wear to the valves and finish.

Mike Pawul

I am familiar with most trumpets, cornets, and flugelhorns. I can answer most questions about playing and musicality. Best of all, if I can't answer it directly I play regularly in several bands and have many "old timers" that are familiar with most things that I am not. I collect, repair, and refinish old and new horns and have sold over 1700 with more than 900 on ebay

I have played since 1965 and studied with many directors and trumpeters. I have been collecting since 2002 and have over 150 horns in my personal collection. I have done repair and refinsh since 2003 and have done work on over 2500 horns.

Kosair Shrine Brass Band and Dance Band, The Notables, The New Tones, Bourbon City Brass Band, River Cities Concert Band, Derby City Brass Band, University of Louisville Community Band, Member of Trumpet Players International Network (TPIN), Bugles Across America (BAA), Member of the National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians (NAPBIRT)

I played at Brunswick High School. I played through college and have a BS in Business Administration from Trinity College. Of course, I am still learning from all my friends that play and work on trumpets around the world.

Without being vain, numerous awards and have played in several honor bands.