Trumpet/Trumpet

Question
I have a Henri Selmer Pais Gold trumpet  has not  been played since 1970.  Minor wear and tear  It has engraved
Henri  Selmar Paris  (Made in Paris with a Registared trade mark

On the upper 1st valve casing it has the number 13; the 2nd number is a 14 and the 3rd number is 15.  Serial number 32482 is on second casing.

I also have a Giardinelli-New York mouthpiece engraqved with LOUIS ARMSTRONG.  Can you tell me anything about the horn and mouthpiece values.

Answer
There's no definitive serial number list for your Selmer Paris trumpet. The best guess I can give you is the mid-1960s.

The condition and the model will determine the value of the trumpet. It could be anywhere from a few hundred up to $1000. The mouthpiece could worth anywhere from $20 to $50 depending on whether a motivated buyer was interested.

As an aside, valve blocks were built at Selmer in lots; those valve casings were the 13th/14th/15th of that particular lot.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger