Trumpet/William Frank and Company Trumpet

William Frank
William Frank  
I have a Very early William Frank And Company Trumpet Serial number is 3310 lower than any I have seen so far. I bought it from a retiring music store owner who worked on brass horns. It has been completely gone through and is in fine working order. It has been cleaned and polished as well. I cannot seem to find any data about even what model of horn it is. On the bell it says " William Frank And Co. Chicago. It also has that old school silver matte finish with a gold bell inside. Do you know what model this is about what time frame and value of this horn. Please see picture attached......I have more pictures if you need to identify it further.Thank so much....Antonio Mayers

No clear serial number list exists for William Frank instruments. According to this:

your horn seems likely to have been made about 1930. If the model name is not engraved on the horn, it might be hard to find. You can try comparing with pictures, here:

As for value, these horns have their fans but there no serious demand for them. Therefore, value is not high, perhaps some few hundreds of dollars. They are reputed to be decent-playing horns.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.