Trumpet/Cornet

Question
Boosey
Boosey  
Hi, I have a Solborn Boosey & Co Class A Light Valve Cornet, 295 Regent Street, 81555.

I'm trying to find out its age & worth to see if it's worth gettin it serviced. It played fine for the 8 yrs I was playing, but now the valves have seized. It needs some tlc one way or another.

The most I have discovered is its probably 1900-1930-ish.

Can you help?

Look forward to your reply, thanks, Emma.

Answer
Emma, Sorry for the delay but was out of town. The horn was made in 1910 and was a professional level player in its day. It does have value and is well worth repairing. In good shape they go for several hundred dollars so putting a little work into it is a good investment. Most likely it just needs a sonic cleaning and new corks and felts. It is very easy for horns to seize if left without oil and grease for a period of time. But that can be taken care of by a good repair shop.  

Trumpet

Mike Pawul