Trumpet/Getzen Cornet Question

Question
Hello! I have a Getzen Bb Cornet which I inherited from an aunt. I actually used it for the first few years of my school band career and my band director recalled the horn from when my older brothers had used it. He fondly referred to it as an "antique." ;)
It is silver but the tarnish shows what may be brass. The keys are ivory and it has serial #G111. Above the serial number is stamped PAT PEND.
My aunt received it through her school's music program and I'm just researching it's origins. The bell is stamped Elkhorn, Wis. Tone Balanced Super Deluxe Getzen.
Any info on this or resources I could access?
Thanks!
Laura

Answer
Laura, Are you sure it isn't a 6111? Getzen started using letter prefixes after their fire in 1963. It is possible it dates to 1963 since the Super Deluxe was still made at that time. The Super Deluxe was a pro model and they are very collectible. In good shape they are still worth several hundred dollars. You might email Getzen company direct and get the exact time the horn was made. They are very helpful on their horns as long as they are post 1963. Before that any records that there were burned up in a fire at the factory. Without seeing it I can't give you much more than that, since there were several versions of the Super.

Trumpet

Mike Pawul