Trumpet/King Super Tempo 1501 Trumpet

Question
Years ago I bought this trumpet used, serial number 42 405293, with the thought I would return to playing in church orchestras.  Hasn't happened yet.  In my youth it was my privilege to play Taps for fallen veterans.  The Memorial Day Holiday reminds me that players are needed.  The horn is in near mint condition, plays well.  It has 'M' stamped on one of the valve caps - medium bore?  It is probably a better horn than I am a player.  Most people I see playing in church orchestras are playing Bachs.  I am using a Bach 3C mouthpiece. I would appreciate your comments on the suitability of this trumpet for church work and Taps for fallen vets.

Answer
David, Thank you for doing Taps for our veterans. There are not enough people to cover and it is a real shame for a Vet to be laid to rest with a "fake" bugle playing Taps.

The 1501 is a good intermediate level horn and I feel it is on par with the current King 2055. Your horn dates to 1992 and is indeed a Medium Large bore. It is appropriate for the venues you mention and should do a fine job for you. The 3C is a good all around mouthpiece and should help you to get your chops back.

Trumpet

Mike Pawul