Trumpet/Super Artist Trumpet

I got a Super Artist trumpet from a yard sale & my intentions were to use it in an art project.  However, after checking it out, I realized it was in great condition and I am second guessing my original thought.  Is it worth saving?  It says Super Artist (on one line),  ?? Blessing, Elkhart, Ind.  & has a seriel number of 42152.  It has brass and silver tone for it's finish.  Thank you so much!

Vicki, It is worth saving! The Super Artist was the top line at Blessing and was used by several pro players. The serial dates it to 1949 and Blessing was at their peak of their big band horn making. In good shape they are worth a few hundred dollars, depending on the wear to the finish and valves.  

Mike Pawul

I am familiar with most trumpets, cornets, and flugelhorns. I can answer most questions about playing and musicality. Best of all, if I can't answer it directly I play regularly in several bands and have many "old timers" that are familiar with most things that I am not. I collect, repair, and refinish old and new horns and have sold over 1700 with more than 900 on ebay

I have played since 1965 and studied with many directors and trumpeters. I have been collecting since 2002 and have over 150 horns in my personal collection. I have done repair and refinsh since 2003 and have done work on over 2500 horns.

Kosair Shrine Brass Band and Dance Band, The Notables, The New Tones, Bourbon City Brass Band, River Cities Concert Band, Derby City Brass Band, University of Louisville Community Band, Member of Trumpet Players International Network (TPIN), Bugles Across America (BAA), Member of the National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians (NAPBIRT)

I played at Brunswick High School. I played through college and have a BS in Business Administration from Trinity College. Of course, I am still learning from all my friends that play and work on trumpets around the world.

Without being vain, numerous awards and have played in several honor bands.