Trumpet/Martin serial numbers

I'am buying a Martin Committee made in Wis.
The serial number is 909151 and I do not see that @ all.
The closet number I read was 1964 700,000 ?
What year do I have please ?

You have a Committee model made by LeBlanc in Kenosha, Wisconsin. These are not the same as the classic design made by the original Martin company in Elkhart, Indiana.

No list correlating serial number and date is known. Some have speculated that they used the same series as Holton serial numbers, which is possible because it has a Holton model number.

My best guess is that it was made in the late 90s to early 00s.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.