Trumpet/1930s cavalier silver trumpet #018314

Question
My grandmother has a 1930s cavalier silver trumpet. On the trumpet there is a  picture of a knight riding a horse. Under that it says Cavalier and Elkhart ind USA. On the 3 valve holders (if you want to call them that haha) it has a cereal #. The number is... #018314. If you could tell me what this trumpet is and what it's worth then that would be great! Thanks so much.

Answer
Skyler, The first thing is to make sure you have a trumpet and not a cornet. The Cavalier line had both, but they made more cornets than trumpets. The Cavalier was the student line from Conn in the 1920's-1930's period. Your horn dates to 1925 and was made at the Pan American factory of Conn in Elkhart Indiana. They are not rare and are not know as tremendous players. I can only give you a broad range of valve since I haven't seen the horn. The factors that create value are the type (cornet or trumpet), wear to the finish and valves, work needed to put it into top playing shape, and where and when you sell. Based on that the range is $25-200 with the top being a trumpet in almost mint shape.  

Trumpet

Mike Pawul