Trumpet/bach signant selmer cornet

Hello, I am trying to sell my grandfathers nickel plated cornet. I have been doing a lot of research to find the key it is in, serial number, year, and reasonable price but with no luck.
It is engraved with "Designed by Vincent Bach"
"made by selmer/ Elkhart, ind, usa"
and the number on the 2nd valve in "s 55654"
So far I have discovered that it is not the Bundy version and it is not the Signet Special version.
It looks very much like the Bach CR301h but it is nickel or chrome plated and the case looks like it could be from the 70s.
Thanks you

David, the horn dates to around 1985. The Signet took on the "Designed by" phrase after Selmer bought Bach in 1963. The serial numbers started over again in 1984 so it wasn't long after that when it was made. It would be a Bb horn and is an intermediate level player. In good shape it should be worth somewhere around $200.  

Mike Pawul

I am familiar with most trumpets, cornets, and flugelhorns. I can answer most questions about playing and musicality. Best of all, if I can't answer it directly I play regularly in several bands and have many "old timers" that are familiar with most things that I am not. I collect, repair, and refinish old and new horns and have sold over 1700 with more than 900 on ebay

I have played since 1965 and studied with many directors and trumpeters. I have been collecting since 2002 and have over 150 horns in my personal collection. I have done repair and refinsh since 2003 and have done work on over 2500 horns.

Kosair Shrine Brass Band and Dance Band, The Notables, The New Tones, Bourbon City Brass Band, River Cities Concert Band, Derby City Brass Band, University of Louisville Community Band, Member of Trumpet Players International Network (TPIN), Bugles Across America (BAA), Member of the National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians (NAPBIRT)

I played at Brunswick High School. I played through college and have a BS in Business Administration from Trinity College. Of course, I am still learning from all my friends that play and work on trumpets around the world.

Without being vain, numerous awards and have played in several honor bands.