Trumpet/Buescher LP C 13 ser 211484

I have a Buescher model LP C 13. I played it in Junior High School and it was old then.. (I'm 60)
I have not had it polished as I don't know if that decreases value as in some old stuff.
It has all of the slides and though the valves are a little sticky everything works fine.. I have one original mouthpiece. Case is not too bad considering age.. handle and all latches work fine.
I took up guitar in High school and am now a jazz blues guitarist. I kept this thing in case my boys wanted to play but no such luck.
I now want to sell lit but have no idea what it is worth.. Any advice / information you could give me would be appreciated..
Thanks a bunch,

Your cornet, a Model 13, was made in 1926. As you probably know, the C marking means that this cornet can be converted to play in the key of C by changing the slides.

The C conversion is desirable, so that helps for selling. I would guess it might sell for $200 on ebay; perhaps a little more because of the C conversion and the condition. Don't bother to polish it before you sell, let the buyer do that.

Good luck with your sale; players are discovering that Buescher instruments are high quality and play very well.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.