Trumpet/e.k. blessing super artist trumpet

Question
I was wondering the price value of this trumpet? it serial number is 40688. also is there a way to narrow down to the exact year it was manufactured?  it looks like it is brass and silver.

Answer
Steve, The horn was made in early 1946. Without seeing the horn I can't give you a close value. That number is based on the lacquer finish and wear to it the silver look parts are nickel), the wear to the valves, what work is needed to put the horn in top playing shape, what work has been done to it in the past, and where and when you sell it. I can give you a very broad rage of $50-250 with the top being close to mint and the bottom being dented with worn valves.

Trumpet

Mike Pawul