Trumpet/OLD KING TEMPO TRUMPET

Question
MIKE,  I HAVE AN OLDER KING TEMPO, SERIAL #639139.  INTERESTED IN THE VALUE AND ALSO IF A STUDENT OR INTERMEDIATE HORN.  THE VALVES ARE IN EXCELLENT COND.  AND THE HORN IS GENERALLY  IN VERY GOOD SHAPE FOR ITS AGE.  NO DENTS AT ALL AND SOME WEAR ON THE PLATING IN SPOTS.7h

Answer
Jerry, The horn dates to about 1976 and was made before King was sold to United Musical Instruments. It is an intermediate level horn and they have a nice dark tone. The value depends on the wear to the finish, wear to the valves, work need and done in the past, and where and when you sell. A good range for the horn is $75-200 with the top being mint.

Trumpet

Mike Pawul