Trumpet/olds trumpet

Hello! I recently received my father's trumpet upon his passing. It is in the original lined caseand has a plate that says Olds. I found the receipt in a compartment by complete accident lol it was purchased from fullerton music company in 1968. The trumpet is marked with Olds Recording Made by FE Olds and son Fullerton Calif. The receipt has the #617968. It was purchased for $350. The accessories are in The case as well. Plunger, a black tear shaped thing :) music holder, mouthpiece, music book, oil...I haven't had any luck online so far. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you :)

Christy, The Recording was the top of the Olds line for many years. Alan Rouse runs the Olds Central website and it has the most info on the horns they produced. Here is the link:
The late 1960's were very good years for production and quality. The horn is a great player and collectible.

Mike Pawul

I am familiar with most trumpets, cornets, and flugelhorns. I can answer most questions about playing and musicality. Best of all, if I can't answer it directly I play regularly in several bands and have many "old timers" that are familiar with most things that I am not. I collect, repair, and refinish old and new horns and have sold over 1700 with more than 900 on ebay

I have played since 1965 and studied with many directors and trumpeters. I have been collecting since 2002 and have over 150 horns in my personal collection. I have done repair and refinsh since 2003 and have done work on over 2500 horns.

Kosair Shrine Brass Band and Dance Band, The Notables, The New Tones, Bourbon City Brass Band, River Cities Concert Band, Derby City Brass Band, University of Louisville Community Band, Member of Trumpet Players International Network (TPIN), Bugles Across America (BAA), Member of the National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians (NAPBIRT)

I played at Brunswick High School. I played through college and have a BS in Business Administration from Trinity College. Of course, I am still learning from all my friends that play and work on trumpets around the world.

Without being vain, numerous awards and have played in several honor bands.