Trumpet/Trumpet Value

Question
Hello, I was wondering if you could give me an idea of how much my trumpet is worth? It is a 1930 Stradivarius Bach model 7 trumpet made in New York, in good condition.

Answer
Not with any certainty. Older Bachs are prized and rare, so it's worth more than a lot of other trumpets. As with anything, condition is a significant factor.

So, it's worth at least some hundreds of dollars. If it's in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition, it's worth probably some few thousands. You won't retire on what you can sell it for, but it's a lot nicer than a horn you'd give to your daughter to play at school.

One of the nationally-known trumpet technicians can inspect it for you and give you a lot more accurate idea of what it might sell for.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger