Trumpet/King Super Tempo 1501 trumpet

Question
I bought my son a King Super Tempo 1501 Trumpet and the numbers on the number 2 valve are    40  312071. I am just trying to find out a bit more information such as year manufactured and level of play. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Answer
Your King trumpet was made in 1990. It was marketed as an "intermediate" level instrument, which doesn't mean much. It's much more important how well the horn and mouthpiece are matched to the player, and this trumpet, as long as it suits him, will not hamper his development.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger