Trumpet/La Fleur trumpet

I should welcome any information you can offer regarding my trumpet labelled "Zenith Mk 111 J R Lafleur London". It has the number 582795 stamed on the middle valve and also has "Made in Czechoslovakia" stamped at the mouthpiece. I hope you might be able to give an approximate age and target constituency (which would indicate quality) plus any other information which might be relevant and useful.
Thank you in lieu.

Paul, The Laffeur name was purchased by Boosey and Hawkes and used through the 1970's. They were pro horns in the 1930's but over the next 20 years started to move into the student range. Your horn dates to the late 1960's to early 1970's period. It is a student model and is not considered a great player. They don't carry a great value from that period and depending on the overall condition it is worth $25-$200.

Mike Pawul

I am familiar with most trumpets, cornets, and flugelhorns. I can answer most questions about playing and musicality. Best of all, if I can't answer it directly I play regularly in several bands and have many "old timers" that are familiar with most things that I am not. I collect, repair, and refinish old and new horns and have sold over 1700 with more than 900 on ebay

I have played since 1965 and studied with many directors and trumpeters. I have been collecting since 2002 and have over 150 horns in my personal collection. I have done repair and refinsh since 2003 and have done work on over 2500 horns.

Kosair Shrine Brass Band and Dance Band, The Notables, The New Tones, Bourbon City Brass Band, River Cities Concert Band, Derby City Brass Band, University of Louisville Community Band, Member of Trumpet Players International Network (TPIN), Bugles Across America (BAA), Member of the National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians (NAPBIRT)

I played at Brunswick High School. I played through college and have a BS in Business Administration from Trinity College. Of course, I am still learning from all my friends that play and work on trumpets around the world.

Without being vain, numerous awards and have played in several honor bands.