Trumpet/Marceau Trumpet

Just looking form some info on a Marceau Silver tone trumpet.It has white pearl inlay on the keys. As well as the "Marceau" engraving on the bell, it has decorative engraving around the name also. I was told it was from around the late 1920's to early 1930's. It also has had some repair work done to it, but still sounds fine(According to the guy who cleaned it up, at the local music shop).Just looks to nice to disregard as your average trumpet. Any info would help.

Michael, The Marceau name was used by Sears for their catalog sales. The dates you list should be correct and it is a decent player. It was made in Europe but it is hard to tell which maker did it without seeing it. They are collectible and usually sell in the $50-150 range if in good playing shape.

Mike Pawul

I am familiar with most trumpets, cornets, and flugelhorns. I can answer most questions about playing and musicality. Best of all, if I can't answer it directly I play regularly in several bands and have many "old timers" that are familiar with most things that I am not. I collect, repair, and refinish old and new horns and have sold over 1700 with more than 900 on ebay

I have played since 1965 and studied with many directors and trumpeters. I have been collecting since 2002 and have over 150 horns in my personal collection. I have done repair and refinsh since 2003 and have done work on over 2500 horns.

Kosair Shrine Brass Band and Dance Band, The Notables, The New Tones, Bourbon City Brass Band, River Cities Concert Band, Derby City Brass Band, University of Louisville Community Band, Member of Trumpet Players International Network (TPIN), Bugles Across America (BAA), Member of the National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians (NAPBIRT)

I played at Brunswick High School. I played through college and have a BS in Business Administration from Trinity College. Of course, I am still learning from all my friends that play and work on trumpets around the world.

Without being vain, numerous awards and have played in several honor bands.