Trumpet/Martin Trumpet

My best friend died and left me his trumpet.
The trumpet is in rough condition.
I can not make the writing out on the bell other than it is a
Martin and serial number 154181. It looks like a Committee model.
But if I looked up the serial number 154181 was built in 1925.
I understand that the committee model was not built in 1925?
What model Martin could it be?
Thank you

The serial number lists I've checked imply that your horn was made in 1945, not 1925. "COMMITTEE MODEL" would be engraved on the bell. The other model made in this period is the Imperial.

The 1948 catalog here might help you determine which model you have:

As you no doubt know, the Committee Model is very desirable to certain trumpet players and will command higher prices on the used market... but a rough condition horn will sell for a lot less.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.