Trumpet/Old trumpet value

Question
I have an old trumpet and have not been able to find any info on it. It has a silver finish and gold inside the bell. It is a Symphonic Whaley Royce & Co. Ltd. Toronto. This is on the top of the bell, then around where the mouth piece goes in it says Made in Czechoslovakia. I've had it for approx. 37 yrs. and learned to play on it. Do you know the history and value of it? It is in very good condition and I have the old wood case with purple lined velvet.
Thank you,
 Kelley

Answer
Whaley, Royce were a music store in Toronto:

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/articles/emc/whaley-royce-co-ltd

Many instruments were made by Czech manufacturers and imported into the US and, clearly, Canada. There is no good way of knowing who made your trumpet or when it was made other than after 1918, not during WWII, or perhaps after WWII into the 1960s. A silver finish with a gold bell was more popular before WWII, best guess, 1918 to 1939.

None of these instruments are sought out as they vary widely in quality. On a good day you might sell it for $100. Of course it means more to you because you learned to play on it. If you're considering getting it restored, you'll never get your money back, so do it for love (if you do it at all).

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger