Trumpet/Ambassador trumpet 823958

We found this trumpet in a house we bought.  It says Slolds Bass Ambassador, Fullerton CO # 823958 on the side.  It has 2 mouth pieces as well.  Seems to be in very good condition.  We would like to sell it.  Do you have any ball park figure about what it's value it or how old it is?

Your Olds Ambassador was likely made in late 1972 or early 1973. While considered to be a student horn, they are highly prized in the trumpet community because of their solid construction.

Value is difficult to determine, because many of these horns were made, and desirability depends on a lot of factors including condition and perception of quality based on when it was manufactured. At a minimum I would expect about $200 and, again depending on condition and the right buyer, perhaps $300, which is actually pretty good for a "student trumpet".

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.