Trumpet/King Liberty Model

I have an old King Liberty Model trumpet with a serial number of 89290. The horn is in decent shape and I have the original case. Can you give me any history and value of the horn?

It also has a small part of the second valve tube come unattached from the is all in tact, it just needs to be reattached. Who should I have do that?

Chris, The horn dates to about 1926 and is the early version of the Liberty. Here is a link for more info from the HN White website that is run by Chris Charvat.
They are pro horns and many collectors value them. The value depends on the wear to the finish, wear to the valves, work it needs (like soldering), and where and when you sell. Without seeing it I can only give you a broad range of $75-300 with the top being in very good condition and the silver plate not worn.

Take it to a music repair and have them check what needs to be soldered. If it is just a pull tab it shouldn't be more than $10.

Mike Pawul

I am familiar with most trumpets, cornets, and flugelhorns. I can answer most questions about playing and musicality. Best of all, if I can't answer it directly I play regularly in several bands and have many "old timers" that are familiar with most things that I am not. I collect, repair, and refinish old and new horns and have sold over 1700 with more than 900 on ebay

I have played since 1965 and studied with many directors and trumpeters. I have been collecting since 2002 and have over 150 horns in my personal collection. I have done repair and refinsh since 2003 and have done work on over 2500 horns.

Kosair Shrine Brass Band and Dance Band, The Notables, The New Tones, Bourbon City Brass Band, River Cities Concert Band, Derby City Brass Band, University of Louisville Community Band, Member of Trumpet Players International Network (TPIN), Bugles Across America (BAA), Member of the National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians (NAPBIRT)

I played at Brunswick High School. I played through college and have a BS in Business Administration from Trinity College. Of course, I am still learning from all my friends that play and work on trumpets around the world.

Without being vain, numerous awards and have played in several honor bands.