Trumpet/Someones buried treasure

Hi Mike,
While living in Australia a few years ago, [I am in New Zealand now] my partner was digging up the gardens and found this trumpet buried in there, its obviously not in the best condition and most likely missing pieces but i can read on it -class A, trademark, boosey, light valve, boosey & co, makers, 295 regent st, london, 73007. Are you able to help with a year on this and if it would be worth looking into getting it repaired, or worth anything to somebody else?
Thanks Hayley

{ the picture taken is not the best ]

Hayley, That is truly an odd find buried in the ground. It is a pro model from 1907 and is a cornet, not a trumpet. Since I can't see the rest of the horn it depends on what is missing to determine if it is worthwhile to fix it. Even without many of the parts it would still be worth selling to a collector for parts they could salvage off of it to help another old cornet.

Mike Pawul

I am familiar with most trumpets, cornets, and flugelhorns. I can answer most questions about playing and musicality. Best of all, if I can't answer it directly I play regularly in several bands and have many "old timers" that are familiar with most things that I am not. I collect, repair, and refinish old and new horns and have sold over 1700 with more than 900 on ebay

I have played since 1965 and studied with many directors and trumpeters. I have been collecting since 2002 and have over 150 horns in my personal collection. I have done repair and refinsh since 2003 and have done work on over 2500 horns.

Kosair Shrine Brass Band and Dance Band, The Notables, The New Tones, Bourbon City Brass Band, River Cities Concert Band, Derby City Brass Band, University of Louisville Community Band, Member of Trumpet Players International Network (TPIN), Bugles Across America (BAA), Member of the National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians (NAPBIRT)

I played at Brunswick High School. I played through college and have a BS in Business Administration from Trinity College. Of course, I am still learning from all my friends that play and work on trumpets around the world.

Without being vain, numerous awards and have played in several honor bands.