Trumpet/Trumpet identification and value

Earlier today we picked up a trumpet for $15 to give to our daughter to try and learn on. I have not had luck finding any information about it except for what is engraved in the trumpet and mouthpiece.

The mouthpiece is a Vincent Bach 7C, and the trumpet is a Vincent Bach Bundy 757966 ML. I found the ML to mean Medium Large, but can't locate anything about the number.

It is in overall good condition. It is a little worn/scratched, but no dents. It appears taken care of, but the slides do need greased. The buttons still move smoothly though, but we will get oil for them.

Thank you.

Your Bundy istrument was a value-priced instrument intended for the large student market. Your instrument was probably made in the 70s or early 80s but exactly when would be difficult to determine.

It's worth about what you paid for it. They made a lot of them and student horns are not valued highly in the trumpet player community.

It's a good starter instrument, however.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.