Trumpet/Benge trumpet

Question
Dear Thomas,

I have a Benge trumpet, with the resno tempered bell from the Los Angeles era. The serial number is 9905 and the bore is ML.

I'm trying to determine a value on this instrument for insurance purposes only. I am not interested in selling it.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Gaddy

Answer
You'll want to contact your insurance company to put you in touch with an appraiser. Without seeing your instrument or knowing what model it is and its condition, I can't give you more than a broad range.

Your insurance agent is the one to give you advice on how to get it valued. Different companies want different levels of documentation regarding the items they will cover and pay for if necessary.

Sorry if this seems unhelpful but that's really the best way to proceed.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger