Trumpet/Benge trumpet

Dear Thomas,

I have a Benge trumpet, with the resno tempered bell from the Los Angeles era. The serial number is 9905 and the bore is ML.

I'm trying to determine a value on this instrument for insurance purposes only. I am not interested in selling it.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Gaddy

You'll want to contact your insurance company to put you in touch with an appraiser. Without seeing your instrument or knowing what model it is and its condition, I can't give you more than a broad range.

Your insurance agent is the one to give you advice on how to get it valued. Different companies want different levels of documentation regarding the items they will cover and pay for if necessary.

Sorry if this seems unhelpful but that's really the best way to proceed.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.