Trumpet/Leblanc trumpet age/worth.

Joe wrote at 2014-01-27 17:58:07
As a collector of Holton trumpets and cornets, I have come across a number of trumpets such as yours.  They are decent to very good players that are well built and often produced with many artistic flourishes(ferrules, caps, etc.).  If you would be interested you may contact me and I can, with the help of pics, identify your model. ww2navyman@hotmail.com

asoralvin wrote at 2014-03-05 08:50:46
If your 'LeBlanc' trumpet has a low serial number ...as you have indicated it is definitely made by Courtois.  Made in France indicated up the second valve casing, along with ornate 'piping/trim on the caps and junction points of the slides throughout are other tell tale signs. LeBlanc purchased Holton in the early 1960's in order to obtain a brasswinds division of their own.  Previous to that point ALL of their brass was stenciled as LeBlanc .  After 1963, with their transition into a 'one stop music supply shop', the company (LeBlanc), still sold their contracted supply of Courtois horns, but now they had the name Holton on the bell.  By the late 1960's they no longer sold Courtois as Holtons nor LeBlancs...at least in the U.S. .  The value/s of the Courtois built trumpets marketed as either LeBlanc or Holton or Courtois for that matter range from $200 to $500 and more depending on model, condition, mouhpiece, case and provenance. Many find them to be a very fine instrument (despite finish problems) . I certainly do.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger