Trumpet/Value of 2004 Bach Strad 37 and 1970 Holton Galaxy

asoralvin wrote at 2014-03-05 08:11:31
While there are a plethora of used Bach Stradivarius Model 37's

on the market (hence the wide spread of 1-1.4k suggested, the same can not be stated of the Holton T-401 Galaxy.  The Holton is an excellent trumpet, considered to be at a professional level by many.  On the other hand, it was not marketed as nor is designed as a symphonic nor 'all around' model.  Fully nickel plated and a primarily cylindrical bore, its a powerful horn that swings.  Current value for this well made trumpet is from two to four hundred dollars for rather nice to fine examples, and a bit more for excellent.  BTW   the Galaxy cornet is a fabulous horn, exceptional.  Like many cornets you can buy one at pennies to the dollar of its trumpet stablemate.  If anyone wishes to sell their Holton Galaxy in extra fine shape for $200., consider it sold..contact ME.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger