Trumpet/Leblanc trumpet age/worth.

Was just "given" an older Leblanc trumpet with serial # 7260. It says 'Made in France' but could      not find a model number. I would like to know its age and approx. value today. It has been played, today, by a LasVegas musician, and he says that it is in "good condition" and is a pro-quality horn.
 I would like it to go into 'good hands' at a reasonable price.  Thanks!! Jim W., Las Vegas,NV

I can't give you a value because there are so many variables. I can tell you that these trumpets are not high on the list of vintage horns sought by players. Your best bet is to take as many pictures of it as you can and then sell it on ebay.

Early LeBlanc are rumored to have been made by Curtois. It might be a fabulous horn, but you might ask your friend if he will lend his name to an endorsement. That way a player will know that another player has said it is worth buying.  

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.