Trumpet/Value of 2004 Bach Strad 37 and 1970 Holton Galaxy

I am attempting to sell two trumpets that I have and will not be playing anymore and were hoping to get an expert opinion on. I have a 2004 Bach Stradivarius Model 37 with one small dent in the bell, but other than that it is in great shape (I played the trumpet one year in 2005 and havent touched it besides cleaning after that). The other horn is a 1970 Holton T401 Galaxy. It is in excellent condition for its age. Both are in their original cases. Any thoughts on their values?

I consulted a local Bach player who suggested your Bach 37 would be $1000 to $1400 depending on your location and of course the condition.

The Holton is selling on ebay right now for $100 to $150. You might ask $200 if the Holton looks nearly new with all of the original accessories included.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.