Trumpet/Help identify inn a cornet.

Question
CORNET
CORNET  

Cornet
Cornet  
Hi everyone in my band is asking what type of cornet I have. I don't know! I really wish I knew the brand that made this cornet. The weird thing is that it has no serial number or name on it. It only says 58 59 60 on the valves. It was most likely made in 1910. Please Pleas Please can you help me in telling me what brand this cornet is? Thank you very much for your help!

Answer
Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing without some engraving. The numbers on the valve casings imply that your cornet was made in France; the manufacturers there made up valve blocks in 33 sets at a time and numbered them 1 through 99. Because there is no serial number, it may be a prototype.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger