Trumpet/Help identify inn a cornet.

Hi everyone in my band is asking what type of cornet I have. I don't know! I really wish I knew the brand that made this cornet. The weird thing is that it has no serial number or name on it. It only says 58 59 60 on the valves. It was most likely made in 1910. Please Pleas Please can you help me in telling me what brand this cornet is? Thank you very much for your help!

Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing without some engraving. The numbers on the valve casings imply that your cornet was made in France; the manufacturers there made up valve blocks in 33 sets at a time and numbered them 1 through 99. Because there is no serial number, it may be a prototype.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.