Trumpet/sluggish 3rd valve

Cassellah wrote at 2015-04-09 22:36:32
I have a collection of about 15 vintage horns, which I have collected and played over 20 years. personally I think that the problem is your valve oil.

Simply put the older horns often do not like synthetic oil, I have found that a sticky residue can be created. Give your horn yet another thorough clean and     select a non synthetic one. If there is too much play on the valves thus losing compression use a thicker oil if there is a tight tolerance then use a thinner one. Hope this helps. The other thing is that the chemistry of you saliva can alter the lubricant characteristics.

Cassellah wrote at 2015-05-19 07:49:11

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger