Trumpet/Background of this trumpet

Question
Hello Thomas, I'd be grateful for you advice. My son was given a trumpet to learn from, a Weltklang trumpet made for Rudall Carte & Co #104789 in GDR with a Boosey and Co  mouthpiece with  the initials B & S  2/3. We have no idea of its value, and no idea of it's age or anything about it. What do people pay for a trumpet like this? Thank you for your help. Jane

Answer
The short answer to the question is "not very much."

Rudall Carte was a musical instrument company from the mid-1800s through 1955, when it was bought by Boosey and Hawkes. The German Democratic Republic was formed in 1949, so there is a small window when that trumpet was likely made.

The Weltklang instruments do not have a good reputation and are not sought after. I would be surprised if it sold for as much as $100.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger