Trumpet/trumpet

Question
I have had a trumpet sitting in the basement for several years now and decided to bring it upstairs for a look.  Engrave into it is Made By C.G. Conn Elkhart Ind. USA.  I have tried to google it but can't seem to find anything with the exact serial number, at least what I think the serial number is.  The only number I can find is 270307.  I plan on polishing it up and displaying it and just wanted a little more info on it.  Thank you for your time and help.

Answer
Your Conn trumpet was made in 1929. Depending on condition and completeness of case and accessories, it could be worth some money, though you won't get rich from it. Some of the older models, such as the 22-B, are desired even today.

The excellent Conn Loyalist site, http://cderksen.home.xs4all.nl/, will help you to identify your trumpet and tell you more about it.

As for polishing, use the mildest polish you can find. Most players with silver horns use Tarni-Shield for polishing. If there is any gold plating, be extra careful with it, as it is very thin and comes off easily.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger