Trumpet/Buescher aristocrat cornet

Question
Cornet
Cornet  

2
2  
I got this this morning for my daughter. Any idea of value or quality?  I'll provide a better picture later

Answer
That appears to be a late '60s model; I would need the serial number to pin it down better.

The Buescher cornets are not valued highly because very few cornets are valued highly. I would guess that you paid no more than $150 for it, and probably less.

However, it is a very good instrument that most people have never heard of. Your daughter will be able to play quite well on it.

A general recommendation with any instrument you buy is to take it to a good technician who will clean it inside and out and replace all of the corks, springs, and felts. This generally costs about $100 but is money well spent, especially for a young student.

In short, you bought a quality instrument that your daughter will get good use of.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger