Trumpet/Henri Selmer Trumpet

I found an old trumpet and see the name on the web. If possible I'd like to sell it. Can you give me an idea of what, if anything, it might be worth? It's marked with K-Modified and 32243. Does that mean anything?

A Selmer K-Mod is a good trumpet. Probably from the early 60s. Condition is all, so you might sell it anywhere from $500 to $1000... if you're patient. This assumes reasonably good condition... no dents, lacquer not all worn off.

32243 is the serial number.  

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.