Trumpet/ambassador trumpet

Iv got an olde ambassador trumpet with the numbers 431119 on the second valve what  year was it made and whats it worth also the valve tops are just silver looking.

There is not a lot of precision in the serial number lists for Olds because the official records are not available. The best I can tell you is that it was made in the early to mid 60s, perhaps 1963.

As for value... always a tough question to answer. Ugly but playable, perhaps $150ish. Excellent condition, sometimes as much as $300.

The "silver looking" pieces are made of nickel-silver, a brass and nickel alloy.

Edit: I've seen the picture on your other question, and you have a cornet, not a trumpet. In its apparent condition, I'd say a lot closer to $100 to $150.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.