Trumpet/blessing trumpit

I have an old blessing standard trumpet with numbers 83832 and mouth piece that says blessing 13 . I was just wondering if it is worth being restored and if it has value

Your Blessing trumpet was made in late 1958 and it has some value. What that value is, depends a lot on condition. Some few hundred dollars, maybe less.

Almost no trumpet is "worth being restored" if you go strictly by the cost involved. A restoration in lacquer is around $900 by a top-name technician, and rebuilding the valves, if required, is $400 or so.

That being said, I've bought horns and restored them because I play them. Comparing a new horn to a freshly-restored vintage horn, you pay a lot less for the restored vintage horn than you do a new custom horn.

That being said... I would only recommend someone restore a horn if they have a sentimental reason, for example the horn belonged to a relative, or you plan on playing it for many years. Economically, you can rarely sell a restored horn and get your money back.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.