Trumpet/blessing trumpit

Question
I have an old blessing standard trumpet with numbers 83832 and mouth piece that says blessing 13 . I was just wondering if it is worth being restored and if it has value

Answer
Your Blessing trumpet was made in late 1958 and it has some value. What that value is, depends a lot on condition. Some few hundred dollars, maybe less.

Almost no trumpet is "worth being restored" if you go strictly by the cost involved. A restoration in lacquer is around $900 by a top-name technician, and rebuilding the valves, if required, is $400 or so.

That being said, I've bought horns and restored them because I play them. Comparing a new horn to a freshly-restored vintage horn, you pay a lot less for the restored vintage horn than you do a new custom horn.

That being said... I would only recommend someone restore a horn if they have a sentimental reason, for example the horn belonged to a relative, or you plan on playing it for many years. Economically, you can rarely sell a restored horn and get your money back.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger