Trumpet/Buescher Trumpet

Question
Trumpet
Trumpet  

Tru-Tone name
Tru-Tone name  
I bought a Buescher trumpet at an estate sale about 10 years ago. I rediscovered it yesterday while unpacking some boxes from storage. It has "The Buescher" on the bell.  It is a tru-tone. It is also two-tone yellow brass & a silver looking metal. It is in good condition. I would like to know if is has any value, if so How much?

Answer
Your Model 204 "Peerless" trumpet was made in 1928. Most of the line at this time were smaller-bore horns, which played well, but require a differently-shanked mouthpiece.

I see you have at least one of two original mouthpieces it was sold with and it's in good condition. This horn has a satin-silver plate with gold wash. Never polish the gold, it will come right off.

Value is difficult, because of the age. These horns aren't collectible, so playing condition is important. If the valves aren't worn out and you have the case and all of the accessories, then you might get $250 for it at auction. Buescher is still not as well known as other makes, so visibility will make a difference during sale.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger