Trumpet/Continental Colonial Cornet

I have a Continental Colonial cornet that is missing valve guides.  They are small cheesehead screws that screw into the top of the piston, one per valve.  Do you know where I might find replacements?

You're not likely to find screws like that; they were likely made at the factory. Any of the big-name technicians can handle this for you, but one place I know for sure is The Brass Lab:

If you send them your cornet they can fabricate the screws for you and of course do any other work it requires.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.