Trumpet/Holton Trumpet

Question
My son just acquired a Holton Collegiate Trumpet model #384035. I have tried to find some more info on it, but all I can find is that it is from 1961 or 1962.  I am trying to find out if it's more of a professional type horn or an intermediate. I truly do not think it's a student model, but don't know for sure.

Thanks for all your help and knowledge in this matter.

Wende Hickman

Answer
The Collegiate by Holton was the lower-priced line of horns, and many equate that with a "student model". However, it wasn't until the late 1960s and early 1970s that the instrument companies began marketing aggressively to parents and band directors.

In that time period, Holton did not make a bad horn, but the Collegiate was not the top of the line in features or price.

If it plays well for you, that's all that matters.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger