Trumpet/Trumpet Info Request

Question
What information can you give me on a Elkhart Ind. trumpet. Serial no. 38076 stamped on left side of  no.2 valve. The trumpet is in fair condition, no dents. Is it worth restoring, donating, or using as paperweight. Thank  you.

Answer
Horns that are unmarked except for their origin are usually not desired much by players. It is likely made by one of the big companies in Elkhart in the 30s, Buescher, Conn, Martin, Blessing... but without a close inspection, no way to tell.

It's probably not worth restoring... few instruments are but those of sentimental value. A technician would be able to tell you whether it is worth donating.

Sorry I can't tell you more.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger