Trumpet/Beat up Brass Cleveland 600 King

Hi! I just recently acquired this King trumpet. It was obviously not cared for during its life! I would like to sell this peice and hope it may be played again someday. Its serial # is 564606. This is a brass with many scratches, one valve that will not stay ascended, and some RUST even! It's such a shame to see! Can you tell me what age, what is worth as is (if anything) and what it may cost to repair and sell and if that's possible in it's current state. Thank you!

Nearest we can get to age is the late 70s. That isn't rust but rather brass oxidation. To bring it to playing condition would cost around $100, depending on who you bring it to. It's not worth very much; they're considered student-level instruments, though they are good examples of that, and in its current condition, probably wouldn't sell for much more than $100.

You could consider getting it playable and finding somewhere to donate it.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.