My husband has a Conn Director Cornet serial #648881 . on throat where the mouth piece is it has a star director star.  Need to know how much it is worth

That serial number implies a manufacture in late 1956. Conn made a few different models of Director cornet in that time period, with and without copper bells.

Value is difficult to say because condition is very important. Also, cornets are not usually valued as much as trumpets, though there is a strong following for Conn cornets.

Without seeing it, the best I can say is about $150 to $250. Look at completed eBay auctions to see what a similar instrument has sold for recently.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.