Trumpet/King Master Trumpet

Question
I have a King Master trumpet made by HN White, Cleveland, OH, 22628, small bore.  While I know nothing about trumpets it seems to be in pretty good shape save a sluggish 2nd valve.  Can you give me an idea of it's value?  It has it's case and various accessories, which aren't in as good of shape as the trumpet.  Additionally, should I be letting my 12 y.o. son use it as a trial for playing the trumpet/taking lessons?
Thank you-

Answer
It's worth some hundreds of dollars, but an exact value is impossible to determine. You can look at completed eBay auctions to get an idea of what they're selling for.

As for your son, there's no reason he can't use it. Just impress upon him how old and special that horn is and how very important it is to take care of it.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger